Product DetailsClos d’Ambonnay celebrates pinot noir, the varietal that defines the Krug maison. From a tiny, 0.68-hectare plot in the village of Ambonnay, it displays a generosity of flavours and aromas. Winemakers declared this vintage – only the fifth from this parcel of vines – as it captured the individuality and character of the terroir. A prestige champagne that will continue to gain with age.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavour
- Service temperature - 9-12°C
- When to drink - From now to 2030+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.50%
Blend and Origin
Krug Clos d’Ambonnay 2002
This blanc de noirs champagne is crafted from 100% pinot noir grapes sourced from the tiny walled plot of Clos d’Ambonnay in one of the most illustrious villages to grow pinot noir in Champagne. Consistently mild and mostly dry weather in 2002 helped the grapes mature fully, while after 14 years in the Krug cellars, an extraordinary finesse is revealed. Only 4,743 bottles of this rare champagne were released.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
Pair with strong yet elegant flavours
Roasted chestnuts or thinly sliced roasted duck breast match the elegance of this vintage.
A richly spiced lamb tagine, or a salad of chargrilled vegetables, pair equally well with this champagne’s character and fullness