Despite unpredictable weather in the Wairau Valley and a lower yield than usual, this 2021 vintage has all the hallmarks of a future classic. Beautifully warm, dry conditions just before the harvest produced superb fruit that saved the day.With an intense, vibrant aroma, and taste perfectly balanced between sweet and saline, New Zealand’s famous export is ready to be enjoyed.
How to enjoy
- Service temperature - 9-10°C
- When to drink - Ready to drink now
- Storage advice - Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Screw Cap
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 13.3 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
Cloudy Bay’s sauvignon blanc comes largely from their Wairau Valley vineyards, where the climate is warm and dry and the gravelly soil is free-draining. Fermentation is carried out primarily in stainless steel tanks, with approximately 4% of the blend fermented at warmer temperatures in old French oak barriques and large-format oak vats.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.