Powerful yet subtle, full-bodied yet fresh, this rosé has been made with the fullest-flavoured grapes from Château d'Esclans. These are grown on 100-year-old vines in the heart of Provence, France.Staggeringly complex on the nose and likened to a Burgundian white wine on the palate thanks to the lees being stirred twice weekly and time spent in oak barrels.
How to enjoy
- Service temperature - 7-10°C
- When to drink - From now to 2025
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 13.50 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
A blend of several varieties – mostly old-vine grenache, along with vermentino and syrah – the grapes are destemmed and lightly crushed at a low temperature to avoid oxidation (no maceration takes place). Vinified in new and second-year demi-muids (large French oak barrels) with bâtonnage – the process of stirring up of the lees to add body – taking place twice weekly.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.