A Brazilian classic with an Eastern European twist is possibly the best way to describe the Caipiroska. Belvedere vodka, made in Poland at the Polmos Żyrardów distillery, replaces the traditional Cachaça in this deeply refreshing drink. Orange and limes bring a tart note to the beverage but don’t forget the raspberries too. Yes, they’re used as garnish but their summery sweetness adds an extra layer of deliciousness! As long as you respect the balance of sweet and sour, most fruit combinations are possible: passion fruit and lime, grapefruit and pomegranate seeds… Play around and have fun.
How to make a Caipiroska step by step
- Place the orange and lime in a glass.
- Add the simple syrup and muddle
- Pour in Belvedere vodka and gently stir
- Add crushed ice and then finally the raspberries as garnish
- Ice tongs
- Bar spoon
- Garnish tweezers
- Lowball glass. Here we used the Harcourt 1841 Tumbler by Baccarat
- 50 mL Belvedere Vodka
- 10 mL simple syrup
- 3 wedges of lime
- 3 wedges of orange or for a bitter kick, grapefruit (optional)
- 3 raspberries