Product DetailsCrafted from tinta de toro grapes grown in ancient vineyards in Spain’s Duero Valley, the 2010 is one of the best vintages of the past decade: a complex expression of the estate’s signature style. With a dark fruit character and clarity, Numanthia pays tribute to the city of Numancia, a Spanish symbol of resilience – a quality echoed in this intense vintage.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Decant three to four hours before serving to experience the wine’s precise flavours at their peak
- Service temperature - 14-16°C
- When to drink - Drink now through 2030
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 15.0%
Blend and Origin
Bodega Numanthia Numanthia 2010
Numanthia is made from 100% tinta de toro harvested from vines more than 80 years old. Cold temperatures and snowfall delayed growth in 2010, and some of the vines were lost. Despite this, the grapes recovered to become concentrated, with perfect acidity and fine tannins. Stainless steel fermentation and 18 months’ ageing in new French oak imparts a wondrous complexity.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
More to try
Choose seasonal ingredients to create your menu
For a springlike dish, pair with a light but spicy pil-pil cod. In summer, grilled octopus with wasabi mayonnaise is a perfect match. In autumn, serve roast suckling pig, and in winter a rich Castilian stew of chicken, chorizo sausage, chickpeas and root vegetables.
Try a rich whisky and coffee sponge cake.