Product DetailsThe signature wine from the estate, Numanthia is a balance of elegance and power. The 2012 vintage is sweeter, with a freshness that reveals its fruit flavours and complexity. Numanthia can be compared to a bull – beautiful and round on the outside, muscular on the inside – with elements of tension given by the tannic structure typical of the Toro region.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Decant three to four hours before serving to experience the wine’s precise flavours at their peak
- Service temperature - 15-18°C
- When to drink - Drink now through 2032
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 15.0%
Blend and Origin
Bodega Numanthia Numanthia 2012
Ungrafted, low-yielding vines – some over 80 years old – produce exceptional tinta de toro grapes (a relative of the tempranillo varietal) with intensity and structure. The climate in the Toro region, always hot and dry, was particularly so in 2012, with one of the hottest summers for 50 years. The vines had to work particularly hard, resulting in grapes with especially concentrated fruit flavours.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
More to try
Match with robust dishes
Numanthia’s power and intensity call for ingredients that are not easily overwhelmed. Duck, whether roasted or in a distinctive sauce, is a natural match.
Castilian cooking focuses on roasted meats, especially lamb. For an authentic combination, pair Numanthia with cordero asado, traditionally cooked in a wood-fired oven.
Serve with manchego cheese.