The Ardbeg Committee’s favourite whisky, Uigeadail is Gaelic for “a dark, mysterious place.” Named after the distillery’s water source, this whisky is a marriage of sweetness, spice and deep smokiness.
The peat-laden waters of Loch Uigeadail provide the smoky tones in this whisky, while maturation in ex-bourbon and ex-sherry casks imparts rich, warm flavours – perfect for a dramatic, stormy night.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Alcohol by volume - 54.2%
Blend and Origin
Extremely smoky peat, generations of whisky-making knowledge and water from this blend’s namesake, Loch Uigeadail, all play their part in creating this whisky. But the true secret behind Ardbeg Uigeadail’s success? A unique vatting method that marries the deep, smoky notes from ex-bourbon American oak with the luscious, raisin-like character of ex-sherry Oloroso casks.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
- 50 mL Ardbeg Uigedail whisky
- 60 mL Bulleit Bourbon
- 25 mL Dolin Rouge vermouth
- 25 mL Dolin Dry vermouth
- 3 dashes of Regans Orange Bitters No. 6
- lemon twist
In mixing glass or shaker filled with ice, combine whisky, vermouth, and bitters. Stir well, about 20 seconds, then strain into cocktail glass.
Add cherry or twist lemon peel directly over drink to release essential oils, and serve.
Harcourt 1841 Red Knob glass by Baccarat