With intense aromas of smoke and soot, this fiery limited edition is matured in Ardbeg’s most heavily charred casks, alleged to have been scorched by a dragon held captive in a warehouse at the Islay distillery.
A fire-breathing beast of a dram, it is released to mark Ardbeg Day 2021, the global, annual celebration of all things Ardbeg, taking place on 5 June. The whisky pays homage to the Scottish island’s mythical dragon, apparently slain by a heroic knight many moons ago.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 46 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
In tribute to the dragon said to have once terrorised Islay, this limited whisky is aged in Ardbeg’s most heavily charred casks. And while the staves of those American oak bourbon casks may or may not have been scorched by a real flavour-breathing dragon, the resulting whisky is, without question, fiercely delicious.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.