Ardbeg Blaaack is the feisty Limited Edition bottled in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the Ardbeg Committee, founded in the year 2000.
To mark such a momentous occasion, the Distillery vowed that the casks used to honour their global flock would be right on the nose. For the first time in Ardbeg’s history, we rounded up Pinot Noir casks from the country that lies the furthest distance from Islay – New Zealand, that other remote island nation where sheep have been known to outnumber the locals by 7:1.
Ardbeg Blaaack knits together velvety summer fruit pudding and bitter cherry, with a deeper edge of soot and Ardbeg’s hallmark smoke.
Perfect for toasting our legendary Committee.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or two or three large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store vertically in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 46 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
For the first time in Ardbeg’s history, wine casks formerly used for pinot noir were shipped from New Zealand – the remote island nation furthest from Islay – and used to age the whisky. The result is a smoky whisky with notes of sour cherry and black forest fruits. A combination that enhances Ardbeg's already deep and multilayered style.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.